Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September treasures

The year has flown by so quickly. Fall is here already. The deer are in the front yard, almost at the front door now and seem to be trying to add on all the weight they can to sustain them throughout the winter. I have almost accepted that I will have few plants left to enjoy but, fortunately for me, there are still a few thing they haven’t eaten. Mike sprayed the liquid fence for me today in the area they have been turning into Morticia’s garden. I found a few beauties in bloom that I wasn’t expecting and took pictures. I have a goldenrod at the shed I almost pulled out this spring thinking it looked like a weed but I was delighted to see it blooming a couple of weeks ago. The beneficials love it and so do I. The berries on the dogwood have turned red and the squirrel has been bouncing the limbs up and down trying to eat every last one. I just now saw a cardinal on the tree eating berries. I guess there is enough for all. Life is good!September treasures004010006005

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful! You are so lucky to have things blooming that haven't been eaten!

    ReplyDelete