Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bulbs and birds

Mike and I got all of my spring bulbs planted today! We planted camassia quamash, camassia cusickii, allium  neapolitanum, allium caeruleum (azureum) Nectaroscordum siculum and a lovely little bulb I originally found at Brent & Becky's called dichelostemma. I hope the critters will leave me a few.


We moved a bird feeder from a pole at the back of the house to sit on a wrought iron stand Tim built and gave me for Christmas last year. It fits the top perfectly. I love this feeder. It has a roof cover and has grates in the bottom to hopefully deter the pesky squirrels. They try to consume every scrap of seed and suet I put out for the birds. I was delighted today when the chickadees found the feeder. Next visitor was a nuthatch, followed by tufted titmouse and then a wren. Just a few minutes ago, the cardinal came to check it out! This makes me so happy! I can sit on the couch and watch the birds feeding. Another plus is being able to fill the feeder without leaving the front porch.

I also had to share a picture of the beautiful fairy garden Angie made for me. It has grown so full and lush over the summer.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos...looked like the bird was posing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those plants really grew and filled that in. That's cool about the birds right at the window.

    ReplyDelete